Makrolon Clear Polycarbonate
Makrolon Polycarbonate is one of the worlds leading brands offering a combination of excellent clarity and incredible impact resistance,making it the product of choice for all security,safety and vandal proof application
Medical devices, automotive headlamps, sporting equipment, electronics, DVDs, eyewear, architectural glazing, machine guards, roof domes, and LED lighting are among the diverse applications that rely on Makrolon® polycarbonate.
With an outstanding balance of properties, polycarbonate is one of the most versatile and successful thermoplastics ever.
Makrolon® polycarbonate’s has a unique combination of properties. It is extremely robust, lightweight with glass-like transparency and is impact resistant – even at extremely low temperatures. It has a high dimensional stability and is easily moulded, yet has excellent heat resistance with a glass transition temperature of up to 148oC.
Properties & advantages at a glance
- High toughness
- Good heat resistance
- Interior grades (099) or warranted exterior versions (2099) available.
- Glass-like transparency, optical quality
- High dimensional accuracy and stability
- Good electrical properties
- AMECA-approved grades available
- Grades approved for food contact and medical applications available
- Available in a wide range of thicknesses from 0.75mm to 12mm
- Class1 flame retardant product
- New LED lighting grades available
- Bullet resistant grades
- Opaque coloured grades and recycled sheets available
- 100% recyclable
- Please email your requirements for a competitve quote